Monday, March 11, 2013

6 Months, 2 Weeks: Training - Day 54


Cuddle days happen!
This Friday's post.  I ran into both a lack of time and energy to catch up on last weeks posts.  Though I had written Thursday's post, I simply didn't have the energy come Thursday night and Friday day to post it.  I was feeling fevered and sick and worn into the ground.  This meant the blog posts and Emma's training were put on hold while I took care of myself.

I had, last week, intended to take Emma out for a field trip and spend time working on Level 1 behaviors, but apparently burnt all of my spoons for the week by the end of Thursday. It took me until Sunday to recover and by then I realized my house was in such disarray that I needed to clean it and ignore any outside, job related, activities to get my head back in the game.

This means, all of Friday Emma was left to play and interact with me, but really didn't get any formal training.  She enjoyed her first day off the tether, since I was in the same room as her 99% of the time.  She was able to wrestle and play with Max and even enjoyed an extended time outside playing while I cleaned the yard.

She had changed her opinion about who was in charge and was an easier dog to be with.  She wasn't charging the cat or pouncing the Dachshunds.  The only time she seemed to get out of control was around mealtimes, but Attitude, who had finally gotten a good rest from Emma's pestering, gave her the what not and she caught Dieter just right that Dieter screamed to high heaven and set her straight on how to treat Dachshunds.

By 3 PM her owner arrived and she headed out for the weekend.  It was nice to see the turn around in her out of control behavior and her starting to follow my lead again.  If needed, tethering will continue, but it's now on a day by day basis based on her behavior.

Level 1
ZenTargetComeSitDown
StepCompletedCompletedCompletedCompletedCompleted

Level 2
ZenComeSitDownTarget
Step52234
FocusLazy LeashGo To MatCrateDistance
Step22211
JumpRelaxHandlingTricksCommunication
Step111Completed1

No comments:

Post a Comment